(Last 30 Days)
Space Fleet Uniform (M4)
Business Conference Room
(for DAZ Studio)
(for DAZ Studio)
Business Conference Room
French Village Corner
Home > Vehicles> Aircraft > Military
MiG-17 Fresco F (for Poser)
• Offered By: theschell
• Downloadable File Size:
• Polygon Count:
• Uploaded on: 8/27/16
• System Requirements: Windows/ Mac, Poser 6 or above
• File Format: Poser
This product contains: cr2, pp2, pz2, and/ or other Poser files.
• Texturing: Texture Maps
This product uses image maps for textures.
• Readme File: Click Here
• How do I download my purchase?
Made famous by the Vietnam War, the MiG-17F was the primary enemy aircraft engaged in the skies over Vietnam by U.S. aircraft, such as the A-4, A-7, F-8, B-52, F-100, F-105 and its primary nemesis, the F-4 Phantom II.
In 1960, the first group of approximately 50 North Vietnamese airmen were transferred to the PRC to begin transitional training onto the MiG-17. At this time the first detachment of Chinese trained MiG-15 pilots had returned to North Vietnam, and a group of 31 airmen were deployed to the North Vietnamese Air Force base at Son Dong for conversion to the MiG-17.
By 1962 the first North Vietnamese pilots had finished their MiG-17 courses in the Soviet Union and the PRC, and returned to their units; to mark the occasion, the Soviets sent as a "gift" 36 MiG-17 fighters and MiG-15UTI trainers to Hanoi in February 1964. These airmen would create North Vietnam`s first jet fighter regiment, the 921st.
By 1965, another group of MiG pilots had returned from training in Krasnodar, in the USSR, as well as from the PRC. This group would form North Vietnam`s second fighter unit, the 923rd Fighter Regiment. While the newly created 923rd FR operated strictly MiG-17s, and initially these were the only types available to oppose modern American supersonic jets, more modern supersonic Soviet fighters would be later introduced as the 921st FR would operate both MiG-17s and MiG-21s (in 1969 the 925th FR MiG-19 unit would be formed).
The MiG-17 carried some of the largest guns ever used for air-to-air combat - two 23mm cannons and one 37mm cannon - and was later converted to carry up to 4 K-13 Atoll Missiles (the Russian copy of the US Sidewinder). It could maintain 8g turns (8g = 8 times the force of gravity on the pilotís body), attain a maximum speed of 715 mph (Mach 1.04), climb to 30,000 feet in only 3 minutes, and had an initial rate of climb better than 14,000 feet per minute.
The MiG-17F was a very nimble fighter that could prove deadly unless respected when engaged by pilots with superior training and tactics such as those used by the U.S. Navy and Air Force. One momentís complacency when fighting against the MiG-17F could prove fatal. It was flown by over 20 countries, three of which still fly it.
During the Vietnam War and up until the F-16 entered service, it was the tightest-turning fighter in the world. When production started in the 1950s, its VK-1F engine made it one of the first production jet fighters in the world with an afterburner. The MiG-17F could carry bombs, rockets, or extra fuel tanks under its wings. It entered service with the Soviet bloc in March 1960 and wasnít withdrawn from service until May 1990!
For more on the MiG-17, please visit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan-Gurevich_MiG-17 ...
Here are some of the Highlights:
* Over 50 Points of Articulation on the main figure!
* Moving Flaps, Ailerons, Rudder. Stabilator, Speed Brakes, Opening Landing Gear Doors, Raising and Lowering Gear, Spin-able Wheels, Steer-able Nose Gear, Opening Canopies, Deployable Slats, Folding Wings, Deployable Emergency Drag Chute, Fully Functional Cockpit Flight Controls, and Working Ejection Seat...
* Numerous ERC dials for ease of control from one main location, including dials for various basic flight maneuvers. The weapons sets also have ERC controls for ease of use in images and animation!
* Conforming Dummy Aircrew figure to use to place a Pilot in the Cockpit.
* Conforming Crew Boarding Ladder and FOD Storage Covers for the Engine and Air Intake.
* 3 Separate Conforming Weapons sets designed to be Mixed and Matched to create multiple load-outs for the Weapons most commonly carried by the MiG-17 Fresco, with fully controllable ordinance deployment. These Sets are broken down by mounting location so that each set can be properly mix and matched with the others, allowing large variations of weapons loads that can be added based on mission requirements!
Please Logon or Join Now (for free)
to purchase this product.
Additional Product Images
|By: anthsco on 1/4/18
[See more by this user]
|Rating: 9 (out of 10)
Looks lovely in Daz and loads nicely. Only thing needed is to rotate the model 90* for it to face forward.
No problems posing or moving anything. Perfectly useable in Daz. Worthy addition to any model collection. And the free texture packs also are handy.
Free Items Recommended For Use With This Product
MiG-17 Alternate Textures 1
| || |
Share your comments about this product on Facebook: