(Last 30 Days)
Starship Bridge 12
(for DAZ Studio)
VIP Guest Room
Supermarine SkyFury Mk1
Medieval Market 1
Medieval Market 2
Home > Exteriors> Famous Landmarks
Big Ben (for DAZ Studio)
• Offered By: DigimationModelBank
• Downloadable File Size:
621 K (approx.)
• Polygon Count:
• Uploaded on: 10/8/17
• System Requirements: Windows/ Mac, DAZ Studio 4.9 or higher
• File Format: DAZ Studio
This product contains: duf, dsf and/ or other DAZ Studio files.
• Texturing: Texture Maps
This product uses image maps for textures.
• Readme File: Click Here
• How do I download my purchase?
Big Ben is the nickname for the great bell of the clock at the north end of the Palace of Westminster in London, and often extended to refer to the clock and the clock tower. The tower holds the largest four-faced chiming clock in the world and is the third-tallest free-standing clock tower. The tower was completed in 1858 and had its 150th anniversary on 31 May 2009, during which celebratory events took place. The tower has become one of the most prominent symbols of both London and England and is often in the establishing shot of films set in the city.
Despite being one of the world`s most famous tourist attractions, the interior of the tower is not open to overseas visitors, though United Kingdom residents are able to arrange tours (well in advance) through their Member of Parliament. However, the tower has no lift, so those escorted must climb the 334 limestone stairs to the top.
On 2 June 2012, The Daily Telegraph reported that 331 Members of Parliament, including senior members of all three main parties, supported a proposal to change the name from Clock Tower to "Elizabeth Tower" in tribute to the Queen in her Diamond Jubilee year. On 26 June, the House of Commons confirmed that the name change could go ahead. Prime Minister Cameron announced the change of name on 12 September 2012.
On 21 August 2017, the tower began a four-year period of renovation. The renovation was originally estimated to cost between £29 million and £45 million. However, in September 2017, that figure increased to £61 million. Striking and tolling will however be maintained for important events such as New Year`s Eve and Remembrance Sunday. Big Ben will resume striking and tolling in 2021. Tory MPs also want Big Ben to bong at midnight on 29 March 2019 when Brexit is complete.
.: Product Features :.
• DAZ Studio prop: dsf, duf/ png), with approx 6,367 polygons.
• Includes eight clock hands: North, South, East, West, and each side has its own big hand and little hand.
- A pose control dial on the Body accurately rotates all clock hands: as you turn the dial, the hour hand moves 1/12 as fast as the minute hand so one complete revolution of the minute hand corresponds to one hour`s movement of the hour hand.
• One set of textures is included.
• The model is not scaled to the size of Poser people.
• Note: This model was meant for medium to long-distance shots. Because of this, some textures may looks pixelated when viewed close-up.
• Additional detailing created with Iray shaders.
This product is designed for use in DAZ Studio 4.9 with Iray.
Please Logon or Join Now (for free) to see this product on your Purchase History page.
Additional Product Images
|There is no customer feedback for this product yet.|
If you would like to leave your own feedback, please Login or Become a Member (for free) and then purchase the product.
Share your comments about this product on Facebook: