|Terms of Service (TOS) and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Members of Vanishing Point can upload products, images, and tutorials, as well as purchase products and use discounts and coupons.
About our sign-up form:
• Entering your e-mail address allows us to contact you, should the need arise. Periodically, our members will receive the Vanishing Point "To The Point", our online newsletter. Please note that the newsletters are not "spam"- they are sent only to members of the site, not the general public.
• You may also elect to receive e-mail notifications when new products are added to the marketplace.
• You can change your preferences to received neither the newsletter nor the new product notification by going to the "My Account" page.
• We will not give or sell your e-mail address to anyone else... nor will we display it to other members.
• The age field is NOT required. We use this field as a verification that you are an adult. It is a very basic way that we protect ourselves from allowing under-age people to see images with nudity or violence.
You can leave this field blank if you do not wish to enter this information.
• You may submit ONE (1) image per day for inclusion in our gallery.
• Once submitted, the admins will review your image and, if accepted, will add it to the gallery.
• Please- no nudity in the images. Our gallery is viewed by visitors and members of all ages, so please keep your images appropriate for all audiences.
• We prefer that your image includes at least ONE (1) item available from this site, but this isn't a requirement.
• We reserve the right to reject images for any reason. If we reject your image, we will always give you an explanation.
• Although you, the artist, will control the copyright on the image, we reserve the right to use the image for our own marketing or promotion.
• Each member is allowed to have a maximum of 100 images in his or her gallery.
into the personal gallery of one artist.
|Free Stuff Guidelines
• Members may upload their item to share with the rest of the community. For detailed information about the kinds of items we prefer, please see the Item Guidelines Page.
• As with the images, we reserve the right to reject free items for any reason. If we reject your item, we will always give you an explanation.
• The items in the Free Stuff section are a combination of files hosted on our site and files hosted on other sites. When you click on an item, you may be taken to a member's website to download the item.
• Vanishing Point is not responsible for the content found on other sites.
• We will do our best to make sure links work and the items are available for download. If a link is broken or if the item is not available, please contact us.
• Please note that some of our free items may take you to a "verify purchase" page. This page was created to verify that you are downloading an item that will only work with a previously purchased product. Simply enter your Order ID (or Transaction ID) from your product purchase and you can download the free item.
on your "trusted sites" list.
• Note: Users of previous versions of Windows XP (and earlier versions of Windows) are not affected by this new feature.
• The other solution to this issue is to use another browser, such as Mozilla Firefox- Firefox is free, includes "ad-blocking" software, "tabbed browsing", and does not require as many security patches as Internet Explorer.
To Purchase Our Products
When you become a member of Vanishing Point, you will be able to purchase all the products available for sale here on our website.
By logging into the site, all of your purchases will be listed on your Purchase History page with links to download them whenever you link. With our old system, you didn't have to log in to purchase, but this meant relying on receiving an e-mail with a download link. And sometimes the e-mail didn't arrive in a timely manner or it was delivered into the customer's Spam or Trash folder, which meant the customer couldn't use the products he or she purchased.
We offer two payment types:
1) PayPal: for this payment method, you will need to have a PayPal ID. If you don't have a PayPal ID, you can get one (for free) by creating a new account.
2) Credit Card: we accept credit cards via PayPal, but a PayPal ID is not required. If you don't have a PayPal ID, you can click on the link for "Pay with credit card" instead of logging in. Please follow the instructions on the PayPal payment page for full details.
After purchasing with either of these methods, an e-mail will be sent to you with the link to download your product(s). Please make sure your e-mail software does not automatically delete any e-mails from PayPal or Vanishing Point.
Please note that this message will be sent to the e-mail address which you have on file with PayPal. Please double-check that your e-mail is accurate or you may not receive the message.
At some points during the day, the mail servers may become busy and an e-mail may not be sent immediately. If this happens and you do not receive a download link within a few minutes, simply check your Purchase History page. You can download any of your purchases directly from the site without waiting for the confirmation e-mail.
As with any technology, things may go wrong sometimes. Although our process of delivering products works fine 99% of the time, your order may the one which experiences difficulty. If this happens, we ask that you be patient as we figure out what went wrong. We try to answer questions as quickly as possible, but we ask you not to panic, nor be rude to our staff.
Our site's shopping cart system will allow you to purchase bundled products (usually at a discount), to preview your order before checking out, to use coupons, and to take advantage of other customer incentives and savings.
For your convenience, the Vanishing Point shopping cart screen opens in a new window (or a new tab, depending on your web browser). This allows you to see your shopping cart in one window while you continue to shop in the other window. This way, your shopping is not interrupted by having to go back and forth from the product pages to your shopping cart.
After purchasing, it may take a few minutes for the items in your shopping cart to be moved to your Purchase History screen.
If you don't see the items on your Purchase History page within 24 hours or so, please feel free to Contact Us.
Troubleshooting When Receiving your Download Link
Here are some steps to check if you do not receive an e-mail with your download link:
1) Please be patient. Normally, it takes a few seconds to process an order, but we ask that you don't panic if the process takes a few minutes.
2) If you haven't received your download link within 10-15 minutes, check your "Bulk Mail" or "Junk Mail" folder to make sure the message wasn't automatically deleted. Alternatively, you can check your Purchase History page and download it immediately, without waiting for the download link in the e-mail.
3) Double-check to make sure your e-mail address at PayPal is current so the e-mail messages aren't accidentally being sent sent to an old account.
4) Alternatively, Vanishing Point members can click on the "My Account" button, then click on their "Purchase History" page, find the product, and click the download link.
Please note the following download link restrictions: you have 48 hours from the date/ time of purchase to download your item. You will be allowed three (3) download attempts- after that, you will need to contact us to re-enable your downloads. These restrictions do not apply to the download links found on the "Purchase History" page.
Paying with PayPal's "eCheck"
If you purchase an item using PayPal's "eCheck" payment method, they will hold the transaction for 3 to 7 days to allow the eCheck to clear (though it usually takes only 4 days). This means that you will not receive a link to download your product until the transaction is complete.
We apologize, but we can not do anything about this. PayPal itself recommends that merchants not ship products (even digital ones) until the payment has cleared and the transaction is complete.
Resetting/ Re-Enabling Your Downloads
Vanishing Point Members:
You can re-download your purchased products at any time by going to your Purchase History page and clicking the link for "[Download Product]" (located beneath the name of each product). The download should start immediately, without the need for our staff to re-approve your download. If you get any kind of error message, please let us know and we'll help figure out what happened.
You will need to Contact Us to reset or re-enable your download link(s). You will need to give us your PayPal Transaction ID or e-mail address so we can re-send your link(s).
We encourage everyone to join Vanishing Point to automate the process of re-downloading products.
"Pay What You Like" Pricing
Some products may have a "Pay What You Like" option: instead of seeing a set price below the product, you will see a text box where you can enter your own price.
Simply enter a numerical dollar value into the text box and click the "Add to Cart" button. (The price shown in the text box is a suggested retail price.)
If you think the product is worth a lot to you or you would like to support the artist who made the product, please feel free to enter a larger value. If you don't think you'll get much use out of the product, or if you don't think the product is a good value for the suggested retail price, enter a lower value. To help with your decision, we encourage you to look at the item's description and sales images, and view the other items made by the artist. (You can view the other artist's items by clicking on his or her member name; for products, the artist's name will be a link located beneath the first sales image, on the "Created by" line.)
Note: You can enter any value you like, but please make sure it contains no more than two digits after the decimal point. For example, "2.55" or "2.5" or even "2" are all valid numbers, but "2.553" is not. There is no need to include the dollar sign ($).
The minimum price you can enter for a product varies:
If the product's suggested retail price is greater than $8.00, the minimum price is 50%, or one-half the product's regular price.
If the product's suggested retail price is less than $8.00, the minimum price is $1.00.
As you decide on a fair price to pay, keep in mind that the merchant will get his usual cut from the amount you pay. This means that you are directly responsible for how much money he makes from the sale of his product.
Although most of our products are digital and can be downloaded immediately, some products are physical and must be shipped. These products will be identified with a note below the PayPal "Buy Now" button.
Since the physical products must be shipped, we will use the shipping address on file with your PayPal address, so please make sure it is accurate. If you would like your product shipped to another address, please Contact Us. Products will usually be shipped within 24-48 hours of receiving your order, via UPS or the US Postal Service. You should usually receive your products in 3-5 business days, depending on your location and the postal service. Shipping to international addresses may take longer, depending on the location.
Please make sure your e-mail address is accurate: we will send you an e-mail to let you know when your order has shipped and if there is a tracking number. If we are out-of-stock of a particular item, we will let you know so you can either wait a few days while we get more in-stock or you can select another product.
Shipping is free for all physical products.
Physical products are not eligible for the usual member discounts. If you are logged in and you're using the Vanishing Point shopping cart, these items will be marked as such and will you see a $0.00 in the "Discount" column.
Many of our products are available in multiple file formats. Be sure to check the "File Format" line on the product detail page to verify that you are purchasing the correct version. If the product is available in other formats, these will be listed on the right.
If you see a model that you like, but it's not in a format you can use, please, contact us about converting the model to another format. Most of the time, the model can be exported to 3ds or Wavefront obj format. If you purchase the model in one format (such as Studio Max or Poser), we'll convert it to 3ds or obj for you for free.
Members can set their preference to view all products or only show a specific format. Please Login or Become a Member (for free) to set your preference.
Our Poser products are designed for use in Poser 5 and above, and many products use procedural-node texturing. If you are using Poser 4, Poser Pro Pack, or an earlier version, we recommend you upgrade to at least Poser 6. (Poser 8 was released in August 2009 and Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 were released in 2013.)
A note about multiple formats:
It is VERY important that you double (or triple) check your order to make sure you are ordering the correct version of the product. Please keep in mind that it costs us time and money to convert the products to the various formats. Because of this, we will no longer be allowing customers to get another version of a product for free. This means no refunds or "exchanges" if you purchase the wrong version.
Unlike physical products, there is no way to return a digital product. If you ask for another version of the product for free, you will have received two products yet you only purchased one.
|If you any questions or concerns about the purchasing process or about downloading your products, please feel free to contact us.
If you have specific questions about a product (such as how to load the items into the scene, how to apply textures, or where to find an item after installing the files), we encourage you to contact the merchant directly: his or her e-mail will be found in the product's readme file. We'll try our best to help answer your question, but the merchant who made the product will be much more knowledgeable about his or her product. If we can't answer your question, we'll forward your e-mail to the merchant.
But, for us to help you, you have to help us. Please don't use dead e-mail accounts which we can't reply to, and don't require us to fill out "white-list" forms on your e-mail provider, so we can reply to your product questions.
We offer two methods of support:
The best way to receive support is to use the Contact Us page and click the "Marketplace" e-mail link. We will try to reply to your message within 24 hours, but usually within 4 to 6 hours, depending on when we receive your e-mail. Please note that you only have to send your e-mail to ONE address- your issue will not be answered any faster if you send the same e-mail to multiple addresses.
Note: if you do not hear from us within 24 hours, don't panic. Instead, check to make sure your e-mail software (or your e-mail provider) is not blocking messages coming from PayPal, vanishingpoint.biz, or email@example.com. What may seem like a "lack of response" from us could simply be a spam filter which has been set too high.
As we mentioned above, it is also very important that you have an accurate e-mail address. What you might think is a "lack of response" or "a download link was never sent" might actually be caused by a typo in your e-mail address, which prevents any mail from reaching you.
A note about asking for support on other sites:
Please note: We will NOT respond or reply to product-support or complaint messages about our products which are posted on other sites' forums.
We know it can seem easier to post a message at your favorite community site and ask other users their opinion, but it's usually much better to ask the site which sells the product or the merchant who made the product. Unfortunately, our staff doesn't have the time to monitor every forum at every community website to look for messages from anyone who might have an issue.
• After you have purchased a product, you may leave feedback by returning to the product's sales page and entering the information in the space provided. Please note that you must be logged in to leave product feedback and you must have been logged in when you purchased the product.
• Please try to leave intelligent, helpful comments. What did you like about the product? What did you not like?
Please remember that our products are designed for use in only the programs specified in the product's description. Leaving a negative review (or giving a product a low rating) because the Poser version of a product won't work in another graphics program is not helpful.
• Once you leave feedback, it is final. You can not edit or delete your comment once it has been posted.
• Merchants may leave feedback on their own products if they are replying to an issue raised by a customer.
• We reserve the right to edit product feedback for spelling, grammar, or other clarifications as needed, though we will not change the intent of the feedback. We also reserve the right to remove negative product feedback once the offending issue has been resolved.
• New for December 2016: get a 25% coupon code with each product feedback you leave. The coupon code will be e-mailed to you, so make sure you keep your e-mail address current.
|Development Team Members
Artists who join our development team will receive a 60% commission on all products. This percentage may be lowered for products which are converted to other formats or it may be raised during promotional offers.
For detailed information about positions on our development team, please go to the Building Our Development Team Page.
Or would you prefer to broker your products through us without becoming part of the development team? If so, we certainly appreciate your interest! Please read the Merchant Benefits Page for more information.
|Viewing 3D Models
|For some of our models, you can click a link to view an interactive version right in your browser. This way, you can rotate, zoom-in, and view the textures of the model before actually purchasing or downloading it. When you see this graphic, it means that the model has a interactive model available: simply go to the product's detail page and scroll to the bottom. Please note that the textures on some models are approximations and the image-resolution may have been reduced for this model: the actual product will look much better when rendered in your software application.
Starting in September 2012, we use Sketchfab and WebGL to display the interactive models. Most new browsers can render WebGL models, but if you can't see the model, you should upgrade your browser. (Though you should also upgrade your browser every so often so you have the latest security patches.)
For some of our older models, we use "WireFusion" as a way to demonstrate the products. This is a Java-based applet and requires no additional plug-in. You will need Java installed on your machine, however, if you are viewing this site, chances are good that you already have Java installed.
Manipulating the model is simply a matter of clicking on it, holding down the mouse button, and then moving the mouse to move the model. (Specific instructions are located on the model-viewer page.) Due to the limitations of WebGL and WireFusion, you won't be able to actually adjust any moving parts, such as the wheels or doors.
Connect with Vanishing Point