(Last 30 Days)
(for DAZ Studio)
(for DAZ Studio)
Sick Bay 2
Starship Bridge 12
(for DAZ Studio)
Home > Vehicles> Ships/ Boats > Military
HMS Hood (for DAZ Studio)
• Offered By: dreamcutter
• Created By: theschell
• Downloadable File Size:
6.04 M (approx.)
• Polygon Count:
• Uploaded on: 4/2/21
• System Requirements: Windows/ Mac, DAZ Studio 4.9 or above
• File Format: DAZ Studio
This product contains: duf, dsf and/ or other DAZ Studio files.
• Texturing: Texture Maps
This product uses image maps for textures.
• Readme File: Click Here
• How do I download my purchase? PLEASE READ
Construction of the Hood was initially ordered in 1916, but was delayed when the Battle of Jutland brought serious problems with Battle-Cruiser design to light. Redesigned after the battle, Hood was to have been the biggest and most powerful Battle-Cruiser ever built... but sadly by 1918 when she put to sea she was very outdated and her sister ships of the class (3 more ships of this design) were broken up on the slips or cancelled.
By the time of her encounter with the Bismark, the Hood was well over-due for a full modernisation and over-haul and was in a truly sad state of condition. She couldn`t make her full speed due to leaks in boilers and steam pipes, her hull was badly fouled and she`d stripped a turbine trying to reach 28 of her designed 32 knots speed. Her armour wasn`t any where near that of more modern ships her size and her guns were a lower calibre than that of her opponent.
HMS Hood was sunk in the North Atlantic, May 24th/ 1941 when she and the Prince of Whales engaged the Bismark, during the Battle of Denmark Strait. A shell from the Bizmark`s guns passed through her lightly armoured decks, penetrated the aft powder magazines, ignited her 4inch powder stores, and led to a detonation that disintegrated the stern 3rd of the ship! Of 1418 Crew and Officers on board, there were only 3 survivors, but her loss became a rallying cry for the her nation and the Royal Navy.
.: Product Features :.
DAZ Studio props: dsf, duf/ png:
• HMCS Hood, at 49,860 polygons
Pose-able features (some 70 moving parts in total) include:
- Rudder, with a Pose Control dial on the Body
- Propellers, with a Pose Control dial on the Body
- Aircraft launch platform, with a Pose Control dial on the Body
- Main and Secondary Gun Turrets that can rotate with Barrels that can elevate independently
- Cargo Cranes
- Functioning Spot-lights and Gun Directors
- Pose-able Aircraft Catapults and Crane.
• All Anchors Down, at 6,048 polygons; no moving parts
• Anchors Up, at 168 polygons; no moving parts
• Single Anchor Down, at 2,128 polygons; no moving parts
.: Textures :.
• One set of texture maps with corresponding bump maps, at 3000x1800 pixels.
• All of the materials use Iray shaders.
All sales images rendered in DAZ Studio with an HDRI skydome environment.
Designed for use in DAZ Studio 4.9 and above with Iray. Not recommended for use in other software programs.
Please Logon or Join Now (for free)
to purchase this product.
Additional Product Images
|There is no customer feedback for this product yet.|
If you would like to leave your own feedback, please Login or Become a Member (for free) and then purchase the product.
Gallery Images Which Use This Product or Model
Pride of the Fleet
| || |
Share your comments about this product on Facebook: